So how do you find time and energy for sex when there are so many other things demanding your attention? It takes a bit more planning and effort than in the past but you need to tell yourself that it can happen and it is definitely worth it.
What if you dont want anyone touching you after having children crawling all over you all day? Some people have a quotient for the amount of physical contact they need and can comfortably accommodate in a day. But if you think about it children touch you differently to how your partner touches you and for the most part, its all take.
So how do you have more sex? Okay, how do you have any sex?
1. Make it a priority and it will happen. Feeding the children quickly becomes a priority when you have nagging children at your feet. Make your desires like that and dont let up until you have got what you need.
2. Find a time that works. It may be early in the morning before the children wake up, it may be immediately after theyve gone to bed ignoring the dishes and the washing and cleaning up, it may be during the day while the kids are watching a video. You have to make time for each other.
3. Do some things that make you think about sex. It can be hard to switch your brain from babyland to sex so you may need a little help. Watch a sexy movie, read erotic fiction together, write your partner a sexy note, think back to a time when you had great sex (cmon you can do that, it cant be that long, surely, you have children afterall!), relive how good it felt.
4. Take a shower together. There is something about getting naked and wet together that can be very erotic.
5. Expect interruptions and dont be put off. OK you start kissing and you hear a baby cry. You try to ignore it but you cant. So you go off and tend to them and then think the moment is gone. But it isnt. And if it is then get it back by viewing the interruption as a diversion which has increased your appetite for sex not soured it.
6. Dont wait until you get into bed to initiate sex. When youve been together awhile its easy to fall into habits, like falling into a deep sleep as soon as your head touches the pillow, and sometimes its those habits that you need to break in order to kickstart your sex life. Sex can happen anywhere so make use of the spaces you have.
7. And the most important thing you need to do dont give up! You can find a way to make it happen. Know that your needs are important and you will function better when theyve been met.